|Work Schedule:||Full Time|
|Salary:||$49, 861 – $97, 333*|
|Location:||Washington, DC metropolitan area|
CIA's Interactive and Web Multimedia Center in the Directorate of Intelligence is seeking creative web designers and developers who can create engaging well-designed websites that will be accessed by members of Intelligence Community, including US policymakers.
As a web designer you will be a member of a team responsible for the production of multiple websites and applications that will be used to represent groups and present complex intelligence analysis to senior policymakers. This position requires someone who is a strong user interface designer, organized, familiar with generating wireframes, and has experience with UX. This person should work well in a team environment and be passionate about information design and technology (web and mobile). We are seeking junior and experienced designers and offer competitive pay*. Opportunities exist to participate in internal training as well as external workshops and conferences.
Our overarching unit, the Multimedia Production Group, has won awards externally and within the Intelligence Community for creating visually engaging intelligence products. We have a very talented team of individuals who believe in collaboration and have a strong passion for design and technology.
* Starting salaries will be determined by a combination of skill-set and years of experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Computer Science, Graphic Design, or related discipline with a strong emphasis on user interface design and programming.
- Ability to translate designs into a PHP-based content management system (Wordpress or Joomla).
- Experience with working with relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, SQL, and POSTgreSQL)
- Familiar with responsive website programming and mobile/ tablet development.
- Should possess strong web typography, color theory, and grid-based design skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to work and interface with customers, coworkers, management, and contractors.
- A minimum of a 3.0 GPA out of a 4.0 scale is required.
- Experience in Adobe Flash and familiar with authoring/programming with ActionScript 3.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX and Apache is needed.
The following items must be included/attached to your online application:
- Your resume.
- A cover letter in which you specify your qualifications and what differentiates you from other applicants.
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees.
- Portfolio: In the Preferences section under job objectives please include a link to your online portfolio. Attach a PDF portfolio, if you do not have an online portfolio.
ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE RELOCATION TO THE WASHINGTON DC METROPOLITAN AREA.
All applicants must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview and an extensive background investigation. US citizenship is required.
To be considered suitable for Agency employment, applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last twelve months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to twelve months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
Important Notice: Friends, family, individuals, or organizations may be interested to learn that you are an applicant for or an employee of the CIA. Their interest, however, may not be benign or in your best interest. You cannot control whom they would tell. We therefore ask you to exercise discretion and good judgment in disclosing your interest in a position with the Agency. You will receive further guidance on this topic as you proceed through your CIA employment processing.
Save the position(s) that interest you in the job cart. You can add up to four (4) positions. Job cart selections will only be retained during this site visit, so be sure to click “Apply Now” before closing the browser window. After clicking "Apply Now" you will be taken to the application account creation page. The positions will appear in the cart once you have created an account. DO NOT submit multiple applications; this will only slow the review of your application and delay processing. Please read the Application Instructions carefully before you begin the online application process.